Don't get rattled

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
The nurse who is trying to help me get my breathing sorted out is having a baby so I promised her some baby rattles here they are. Apparently the captivated ring design dates back over 2,000 years back to the Celts made with Hilly no finish just buffed up on a cotton wheel and I really enjoyed doing them something simple yet they will bring so much pleasure well I hope they do Its nice to be able to give a little bit back

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 617
Lovely job there Woody! I have been making the captive ring jobbies fr years and they are lovely to make and always have a WOW factor from the mums.

The other is lovely too! I assume the rattle is introduced via a hole and then a bung in the narrow end?

Really lovely, she will love them =D> =D>

Very nice. It's good to give something back when you can.
I've made a few rattles for family & friends. The captive ring type always seem to be popular.

Jonzjob":2peh4i5v said:
Lovely job there Woody! I have been making the captive ring jobbies fr years and they are lovely to make and always have a WOW factor from the mums.

The other is lovely too! I assume the rattle is introduced via a hole and then a bung in the narrow end?

Really lovely, she will love them =D> =D>
The join is right in the middle so the ball is two equal halves the same as you I have been making the ring ones for years

The ball one has a join ? I have blown the picture up a lot and I am blowed if I can see it. Well done.

Latest posts

Back