• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Donating a Tree

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sprog1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm a expat living in Thailand, & at 73, I supposed to be retired, but I still make a bit of furniture because I enjoy it.
Throughout my wood working life I've used either Pine, in England or rubber wood, her in Thailand, which as you all know are renewable, but occasionally I use oak.
What I would like to do is donate a oak tree, every now & again to be planted anywhere in England, but preferably in the New Forrest or Canock Chase, if possible.
Does anyone know of any volunteer, non profit making society, where I can donate a Oak Tree, & they will plant them.
Thanks everyone

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
That is a nice idea.
I live on the edge of the national forest (Charnwood to Cannock area) I know they do schemes like this but don't have details. Try googling national forest organisation.

Slightly off topic, I was collecting acorns yesterday and will put about ten in a plant pot , cover it with mesh ( grey squirrel barrier) and sink it into the garden soil under a hedge. Have been doing this for a few years, success is low but hopefully some might mature long after I am gone. Difficult to find the tiny trees a good home, but I cross that bridge as and when.

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Check out "Trees for Life". The missus and I have had a few enjoyable "holidays" with them

RickG

Established Member
Reaction score
National Trust have a scheme for exactly this for planting trees in Hatfeild Forest. This is one of the oldest forest in England. It's located in Essex.