Dominos at awkward angles?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to put some dominos in some carcasses which have sloping tops, it's one of those angles that the domino won't really work for (you end up trying to reference off the point of the mitre).

I seem to remember @Derek Cohen (Perth Oz) posting some pics of a work around he used but can't find them now?

I know some pictures would help, I will post some later if I don't get it sorted.

Thanks, Doug

Not sure exactly what you have in mind but I have had success keeping the Domino machine square and canting the work, wedges slid under one end of it until the correct angle is achieved using a digital bevel box. It is easy to get the habit of thinking that odd angles must always be achieved using the fence angle on the machine, but it can often be easier to cant the work to the exact angle needed than it is to set the fence with the same level of precision.

Jim

This rang a bell and, eventually, I remembered Paul Marcel's "Angle madness" project. I've not watched the video (just skimmed with sound off so as not to provoke the Better Half) in it's entirety but he does domino things using angled setup blocks. Hopefully it's of some use to you...

Thanks chaps, I will have a play around today and see what I can come up with (y)

Back