Domino dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerM

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Domino for my faceframe kitchen build, and having spent more than enough already was wondering what you guys do about dust extraction. Do I really have to spend another unbudgeted £300+ on a CTL Midi or can I connect it to my Camvac 4" inlet with some sort of adaptor. If so, which one? . I would be interested to know what other Dom users do.

Henry takes care of my Domino with a cut down one of those rubber hose reducers from axminster and the like (although gaffer tape will attach vac hoses to most things!). You could probably use most vacs that you can attach a slim hose to so that you can position the machine without the weight of the hose being a problem and dragging it out of place.

Some form of extraction is definitely needed though as the domino will soon clog up without.

RogerM":2r6f3lze said:
Just bought a Domino for my faceframe kitchen build, and having spent more than enough already was wondering what you guys do about dust extraction. Do I really have to spend another unbudgeted £300+ on a CTL Midi or can I connect it to my Camvac 4" inlet with some sort of adaptor. If so, which one? . I would be interested to know what other Dom users do.
Ahh...the bullet has been bitten, nice one Rog! - Rob

Hi Roger,
I use a Trend extractor with a cut down adapter - works fine.
To support the hose, I pass it through a large spring clip, attached to a roof beam. This then keeps the hose out of the way and supports its weight.
HTH John

woodbloke":3fbya2p6 said:
RogerM":3fbya2p6 said:

Never mind the bullet Rob - the "slope" has become so steep I feel like something out of Tom and Jerry who's just gone over the cliff and their fingernails are leaving grooves on the cliff face as they slide down it! Mind you, that Camvac 386 twin is great, and seems to swallow workshop mice, dogs and small children whole! :lol:

Thanks for the input guys. I'm maybe thinking that this attched to this attached to the end of my 100mm hose would probably do the job for considerably less than the Festool CTL.

RogerM":1dk9391m said:
woodbloke":1dk9391m said:
RogerM":1dk9391m said:

Never mind the bullet Rob - the "slope" has become so steep I feel like something out of Tom and Jerry who's just gone over the cliff and their fingernails are leaving grooves on the cliff face as they slide down it! Mind you, that Camvac 386 twin is great, and seems to swallow workshop mice, dogs and small children whole! :lol:

Thanks for the input guys. I'm maybe thinking that this attched to this attached to the end of my 100mm hose would probably do the job for considerably less than the Festool CTL.

That leaves you with a heavy hose to haul about and is not much cheaper than the solution I posted on WWUK.

Thanks Brian - just seen the post. Can't immediately see what the size of the nilfisk outlet is so presumably I'd need some sort of adaptor to connect the nilfisk hose to my 4" Camvac out let, so not sure whether there would be any saving in hose weight, although I see the nilfisk hose is 5m long, which is clearly very usable, rather than the Numatic which is only 2.9m and probably less so. Also the nilfisk hose is 27mm as opposed to the numatic's 32mm - so smaller section to manhandle. Hmm. Decisions decisions.

RogerM":2gg08yci said:
Mind you, that Camvac 386 twin is great, and seems to swallow workshop mice, dogs and small children whole! :lol:
I thought you'd be impressed with the C386, it's a nice bit of kit. Not wishing to push you further down the slope :-" and as a slight aside and a litte OT, one of the things I'm going to build later on is a Thein cyclone bin. It's a way of increasing the capacity of the C386, which at only 90L, isn't great. Tony (Escudo) has built one of these things and has reported that they work pretty well and the good point is that all you need is a big dustbin, odds n'ends of mdf and some dx fittings from Axminster - Rob

I believe there is a fortune to be made for someone who comes up with a practical and universal system despite the huge efforts of the manufacturers to make it as difficult as possible so that they can then go on to charge £80-100 for a length of hose and a rubber fitting. Nice work if you can get it :evil:

I bought a 2nd hand vacuum and found that the connection didn't need to be good to work..
Total 30 pounds.

Your duplicate post deleted Brian

Back