Dominion Super Elliot Woodworker 'Servicing'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quintain

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need to check the 4 rollers on a Dominion Super Elliot Woodworker sliding carriage.
Can each roller be removed sideways without taking the sliding carriage of its base.
One pic shows the machine details.
The second pic shows the roller fitting slotted head screw held in a ??split holding. The slotted head is very shallow and cannot be turned even after throwing much penetrating oil at it.
Any help would be very welcome.

Attachments

• Dominion Roller adjustment screw.jpg
    Dominion Roller adjustment screw.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 15
  • saw carriage.jpg
    saw carriage.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 15
It is 30+ years since I restored one of these so my memories are rusty, but I seem to recall that the screws are eccentric adjusters to allow you to adjust all four rollers to the same height. I think you will find there are nuts on the inside that secure them in place.
I would remove the motor and then the carriage, lay it on it's back and work on it that way, you are never going to be able to do more that a quick fix without.
James

James

Thank you, the moral is of course "there is no such thing as a quick , easy job".
BTW I have this morning managed to turn one of the adjuster screws, so the penetrating fluid, my swearing, cup of coffee and a v late brandy last night has partially worked.

Again thank you.

Regards Richard

You are welcome Richard,
The machine is at my fathers with is 50 miles away, but if you need anything checking I am happy to do it when I visit.

Latest posts

Back