Dominion Minor Elliot can anyone help regarding replacement drive belts sizes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr edd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have recently acquired Dominion Minor Elliot in pretty good condition, its a lovely little machine. It came with some belts, however I suspect the larger belt which is moved between the over hand planer and table saw is too short.
When it is attached to the table saw and the motor moved along the beam to provide working belt tension there is not enough travel along the beam to stop the single position crown guard arm from fouling the metal belt guard when locked in place.

The previous owner got around this by simply removing the belt guard, but I would like to try to keep the machine in complete working order.

I was wondering if there are any owners on the forum who would be kind enough to provide a correct belt size measurement.

I have all of the original paperwork/manual and it makes no mention of correct belt circumference.

Also as a side note the manual states to use mobilgrease brb lifetime, I have found a modern equivalent but according to the info on the net it not being sodium thickened I need to do a complete purge of the old grease before using the modern equivalent product has anyone done this to their machines, any tips gratefully received,

Cheers Ed

Hi Sammy

Thank you very much, any help very gratefully received, before I go on a random belt buying spree!

Sorry Mr Edd, just completed a stock-take after the diversions of the holiday, no belts. From memory, they were simple, fibre-reinforced 'Vee' of two separate lengths.

Sam

Back