Dominion Combi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjwoodms

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

i have been contacted today by a chap who is looking to offload an old dominion combi 16" Im not sure if its single or 3 phase and the chap dsont know if it runs
It looks pretty rough and its not been used in a long time but appearances can be deceptive

Its of no interest to me as it would cost to much to refurb and bring inline with the current regs but it could make a decent project for somebody

The machine is located near fowey cornwall

Anybody interested give me a shout and i will pass along details

Attachments

• Cornwall-20111112-00269.jpg
    Cornwall-20111112-00269.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 189
Gnashing of teeth. !!!!

I've just brought home the identical machine but in need of significant restoration, definately a project. It's a Dominion Elliot Supreme 16". I would be interested to speak to your contact to compare notes, and if he is scrapping it acquiring the odds and sods.

AWEM

awemawson":qa6ok04e said:
Gnashing of teeth. !!!!

I've just brought home the identical machine but in need of significant restoration, definately a project. It's a Dominion Elliot Supreme 16". I would be interested to speak to your contact to compare notes, and if he is scrapping it acquiring the odds and sods.

AWEM

Go on Andrew, you know you want a pair!!

Welcome to the forum

Bob

These are fantastic machines, my father has one which he has been using daily for the last 30 years. I restored it when I was at college and apart from a thorough clean and oil/grease every year it just keeps on going. I am not sure how much help I can be as the restoration was a long time ago and the machine is 40 miles from me but if there is anything anyone needs photgraphing or I can help with just let me know. I visit my parents at least one a week so I always have access to the machine.

One piece of advice is if you want to take anything on or off the machine invest in an engine hoist or better still overhead hoist. Everything about this machine is heavy.

James

awemawson":3nvvhdfx said:
Gnashing of teeth. !!!!

AWEM
Hi if you pm me you email address i will pass it a long to the seller. I would say this one is a project as well but if done correctly it will be far better than anything new on the market by a long shot.

I've got its little brother - also by Dominion - and can testify to its rock-solid C.I. frame and dependability. Superb machine. Sam

Well thanks to Tim I am now in touch with the owner in Fowey and am acquiring a few bits to complete mine. It seems from further investigation Dominion at one time were buying these machines back and refurbishing them, and making minor alterations, and mine is one of those that were revamped, albeit it needs it again. Seriously heavy kit and overkill for my needs, but I enjoy resurrecting machines - it's what my workshop exists for !!!!

thats good news
they are a very good machine far better than any of the tin rubbish on the market these days if you do a good lob on it theres no reason why it shouldnt last another 40 yrs or more

most of british manufactures refurbed their machines i was always amazed at the extent wadkin used to go to on a rebuild one of my wadkin service compatriats came from the rebuild side of the bussiness he could always spot a machine he had rebuilt even if it had been back out in the field a long time and changed hands a few times

Latest posts

Back