Dog nail grinders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryd

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of these? I have a rescued dog whose confidence is growing very nicely, but who really doesn't like nail clippers. A quiet, gentle grinder seems like a good idea. They mostly look like a Dremel with a jig to locate the nail.
This, obviously, is another consequence of lockdown.

I had a rescue dog and even the VET could not trim her nails I certainly never managed. I got a battery powered grinder and even though it was not quite she tolerated it as long as I did not go mad. It is not a quick process once they have got long.

I've been putting off doing my dogs. I have to muzzle him and do a couple nails each day. It's not a pleasant experience for him or me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've got a boxer dog and he hated me doing his with snips, bought a wahl pet nail grinder, first time I used it on him he fell asleep as I was doing it :lol: I use mine without the guard though it seems easier.

u38cg":122yk466 said:
https://twitter.com/linds_shelton/status/1251916411594661888

I posted yesterday about this - wonder where it went?

We use a similar technique, but without the cling film.

Person A feeds a constant supply of extremely high value snacks (pork crackling works), while person B clips nails surreptitiously from behind. It does need two people though.

Back