Does this count as a finished project ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Finished her off this morning and launching tomorrow :D
03012006.jpg

Anyone got about 200mm of 50mm x 15mm Teak spare :oops:

:D looks nice what is the base boat looks like a eary shetland 22 and charnce of potos of the cabin i hope to sort mine out this year

martyn

Looks good to me. How much of it did you build or rebuild?

Good luck with the launch. Will use champagne on the bows.

Martyn - I think you keyboard is playing up :lol:

Andy

Their we go - completed project it is! Very good - you must be chuffed!

Adam

Thanks for the offer of the Greenheart but its really Teak i need as i need to splice it in to a long run of Teak .I was very lucky finding this boat for the price as from the outside it was a little messy but the inside was very well looked after . A bit of tlc on the wood work and the hull a good scrub and a lick of paint and shes all ready for the summer :D
Its a Headline cruiser 22
71110001.jpg

Like i said the inside was well looked after so i cant claim that as my handy work although i will redo a few bits come the summer :D

Thanks Waka , yes i keep on the Thames at Sunbury . As for the Teak ive managed to get hold of a little bit today thanks :D

Martyn , i have a few more pics of the cabin , if you want them for reference i can Email them to you :D

Have a good day with the launch, boat building makes me wish I was younger again. (built 3 boats in the 70's, (dingys :) ))

If that little bit of teak doesn't materialise send me a pm I can most probably help you out.

Nice work on the boat.

I've got the plans and spec to build a slipper launch but im still getting to grips with the terminology used to build it . Seems boatbuilders have a whole new language that i have to learn before i start ! Should be fun though .

Hi Jason,

You got a great looking finish on the outside, what did you do to get it looking so good? I have an Elysian 27 which has really been neglected over the last few years while I was house building.

I took the ROS to it :twisted: from 80 grit down to 320 grit then painted it with toplac mixed with a bit of turps . It seems to give it extra shine . The Teak rubbing strakes where scraped and the ROS was put over them also . and the varnish with turps again . I still need to put more coats on the rubbing strakes but that can be a summer job wilst having a beer and a barbie :eek:ccasion5:

Back