Does This concealed hinge exist?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakfield

Established Member
Reaction score
I am building a cupboard to house a customers fridge and freezer.

It is very tight for space so i need everything as compact as possible.
There will be a face frame, which will be flush with the inside of the cupboard and it will have inset doors.
i need slimline hinges, like these http://www.diy-kitchens.com/shopexd.asp?id=75
but it also needs to work with inset doors and also move the door away from the opening to allow the fridge door to open.

Does that all make sense?

Does anyone know of a hinge that may work?

Thanks,
Mark.

Check with the built in fridge manufacturer, they normally supply (on request) the hinge/operating mechanisms for these. Otherwise you can ask them for schematics of the door/hinge layout and build the frame to suit you/them...bosshogg :)

I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.
Albert Einstein (hammer)

They are freestanding appliances that they want behind a cupboard, not proper built in ones.

The best hinges i can find are the low profile hinges show above, which are for overlay doors - i could use these and fit the faceframe onto that cabinet where the adjacent door would be
or
I could use inset hinges, but these require about 40mm clearance
or
i could attach the faceframe to the door and hinge it all with the low profile hinges which would give me the best use of space, but i don't think it would look good as the fridge and freezer are on top of each other and it would break up the frame to much.

Any other ideas?

Thanks Jason - posted at the same time as you.

I did think about using butt hinges which will only block the opening by the thickness of the door.

I think i will either go with opening the frame with the door or hang the door on butt hinges.
According to my calculations the carcase can be the same size for both options (within 2 mm) and i can decided on how to hinge it later.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Mark.

Back