Does The Team Think?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this should be a regular feature in Good Woodworking?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ahem

All this talk about SUBSCRIPTIONS reminds me that I once won one. Just thought I'd mention it, you know, in case anyone is listening who may be able to help me beat the WH Smith brigade :?

Of course my drivel can be published (doubt if it would be publishable) AFTER I get my subscription :wink:

Yeah, Any tripe I post is ripe for printing (if you should be so silly :lol: :shock: )
Only thing I would like is that you mention my website, www.philsville.co.uk
I think thats only fair, you know, mentioning my website. You know, the www.philsville.co.uk one. That's all i'm saying anyway. :roll:
cheers,
Philly (at www.philsville.co.uk)

or you could check out my website at www.philsville.co.uk :D

Blimey if you can make sence of anything i write you can put it in print cuz your better than me i don't know what i am on about most of the time :oops: .

Thanks Sawdust Producer for doing the poll. That was my plan when I got this months issue but mine is with Adams. Since moving upt north post takes so much longer.

Thanks Andy and Pete - I hope the feature proves useful.

For those of you who arn't happy with your posts being printed please email Andy, Pete or myself with your username and we'll make sure your posts arn't printed.

Thanks Pete - fair enough. Perhaps I should start using a nickname. Nonetheless I would prefer you check with me before printing if you don't mind. It's very unlikely I'll take longer than a day to respond.

Noely":3abr43rf said:
It's in the public domain and if anybody feels that what they post in a forum isn't good enough for a wider audience then there is little point in posting in the first place.

Sorry Noely - don't agree with that. People shouldn't have to think long and hard about what they post. Every post shouldn't have to be like a considered letter to a inter(national) woodworking magazine. This is an informal chat group after all. You don't want to put people off posting.

Cheers

Gidon

Perhaps this particular thread will make it to printed page.......

Rgds

Noel

Just had a cunning thought (possibly :shock: ) Rather than write to people individually to ask whether their pearls of wisdom can be included in the mag, would it not be easier for a member of the GWW team to tag a message onto the end of the thread they are considering including, and asking whether anyone in the thread objects to their comments being included?

It is then up to people to read the boards, but as the message will come to the top of the board it shouldnt be too much of a problem - i read almost all the messages anyway, and if you have contributed to a thread you presumably had an interest in it, so would read a new posting under that same thread again (if that makes sense)

Steve
--------
trying to make life easier, and probably failing

Whilst I dont have a problem with people printing my inane ramblings, I think the sensible compromise is in SteveB's post.

Bean

I too agree with StevieB and Bean,
Just out of courtesy really, although,
who could ever be identified by the ' high tech,encrypted pseudonyms
we all use, eh Alf? :roll: :wink: :lol:

8)

Since what we all post here can be read by any one of the several hundred million Internet users around the world, why would anyone care if a reader of GWW sees it in a magazine :roll:.

And under the 'compromise' suggested, what happens if someone *does* object? Do GWW cut that person's contributions, thus rendering any following comments nonsensical?

why would anyone care if a reader of GWW sees it in a magazine

a small issue of profit springs to mind, not withstanding copyright ownership.. Bean's right.... absolute minefield......

I looked at this month's forum thread in GWW and thought some of the text looked strangely familiar - then I noticed "cambournepete" and that 2 of my contributions were there in print!!

Made me feel really good and cheered me up no end. :D :D :D :D

Thanks Andy,

Pete :D

Nowhere by me stocks GWW so I will not vote.
The only WW mags any of them sell is The Woodworker, Traditional Woodworking and Practical Woodworker and they are only in the local post office.
None of the other shops for miles sell any woodworking mags. bo hoo.

Dewy
I buy GWW, occasionally but in reality I dont think your missing much !!

Bean

From the land of the Tigers Who won this week :shock:

Weyhey! It's got the "dot, dot, dot" now. i.e "Does the team think...?" Thank goodness; I've been suffering terrible confusion thinking about whether we think, and thinking I can't be thinking about it 'cos I don't know if we do think, so how can I be thinking about that anyway. Phew, eh?

I need to get out more.

Cheers, Alf

Currently appearing in newsagents in a cameo role as "Alf", pithy and to-the-point poster. Dear gods, but how the printed word does lie... :roll: :lol: (Hey Tony, is that your tip there I see? Cool 8) )

Are you alright, Alf? :shock:

PS - What is your post all about anyway?

Back