Does the Katsu 18v trimmer accept Makita batteries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerryGunn

Established Member
Reaction score
I already have a Makita DRT50 18v Trimmer and have realised how useful it would be to have an additional one with, say, my normal roundover bit permanently set to the correct depth - I don't, however, fancy paying for another DRT50.

The price of the Katsu 18v trimmer is much more acceptable if it will work with my stock of Makita batteries - can anyone confirm that it will?

Thanks

not sure from experience, but my instinct is to say I doubt it, I know they mimick the design very closely but I think using makita's battery platform might be the last straw for makita's lawyers. That said maybe a 3d printed or shop bought adaptor might be an option

Cheers - I thought I might be hoping for a bit much but thought it's worth asking as someone may have both...

I don't have one so don't take this as definite but on Ebay it says "battery compatible with other brand" and some of the Amazon reviews say it works with Makita batteries.

I have the Katsu Fit Bat and yes, it is "nearly" compatible. the contact is really snug, so you should be carful when removing the battery. Interestingly, I am looking now to buy a DRT50z, as the price seems to have dropped last month. I just wonder how both compare.

I bought the makita plung base very recently, I had the Katsu one, and I regret not having spend those extra £15 for the finish quality and extra plunge.

Back