Does cheap dust extraction hose exist?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for a way to connect 2" pond hose to my Chinese cyclone. Turns out the cartridges from silicone/gripfill or whatever are a great fit. I actually had a couple of empty fillable ones, but I reckon chopping the end off a used one would work as well.

m wondering if just sucking from this point with the extractor would give me the results I'm hoping for, or if I'd need one of those crown guards with the port on that also?
Above and below is much better and the crown guard should have a min ~63mm dust port, I’ve used piddly 30mm and 50mm ones before and they were binned and replaced.

Of course that’ll be another hose you’ll need, sorry.

"So, what I need now is a plastic part that is 100mm OD on one end (to go into the hose) and 100mm ID on the other to swap between ports. Does such a thing exist?"

You'd need to check diameter to be sure, but bathroom extractor tube can vary, so kits often have a short length of sleeve, which might provide what you need.
I'll see if I've got any so I can measure and let you know.

Just checked the bathroom vent pipe and sleeve which is a sliding fit in the pipe.
Sleeve: ID 100mm, OD 103mm.
Pipe: OD 107mm.

Alternative solution is, using a short length of pipe, cut all along the length, then;
If small adjustment required, just squeeze together, reducing diameter by saw kerf, then slide this inside full round pipe.
If more reduction required, cut another slice and squeeze together further.
If need to enlarge diameter, cut down as before, then expand it round existing pipe and glue or gaffer tape an infill piece in the slot you cut.
Hope that makes sense

Back