Does anyone have some Toy Plans please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynne

Established Member
Reaction score
At the grand old age of 8, my Grandson has finally taken an interest in woodwork - which makes a pleasant change from spaceships, guns, staring at a computer, playing games etc.....
Today we made a prototype catapult which works really well.
IMG_0654.jpeg
I cobbled together some plans from the Instagram but as he's into history at the moment, it would be good to try and get plans for a Trebuchet or Ballista (I had to look up what that was) or something he could make that fires things. There are YouTube videos of some of the bits which I could try and translate into plans but I just wondered whether anyone had any plans to make life easier?

PS Whilst typing this I'm being bombarded by missiles (soft ones).

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpeg
    IMG_0654.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 204
As a teenager I made a cross bow out of an old glass fibre fishing rod, fishing line and knitting needles, it would put a knitting needle through a fence board at 30 yards. It was quickly confiscated by a friend’s parent who found us doing target practice in their back yard.

I bet that little thing could easily have someone’s eye out! Beware.

Fitz.

Try:

https://toymakingplans.com/index.php

Not sure there are any "weapons" as such, but a huge range of all sorts of toys, plus a decent Forum with useful how-tos included. Charges are reasonable for what are very well drawn plans complete with excellent instructions, delivered by .pdf file straight to your PC.

I've built several. Usual disclaimers.

HTH

Thanks all.
At the moment he's only interested in making stuff he wants rather than learning how to make things in general and having autism, pateince isn't his greatest virtue. But he's chuffed with his catapult and he's driving his Dad mad to build a trebuchet (Dad's a talented engineer but a wood butcher) which is poetic justice for all the years his dad pestered me.

Back