Does anyone have one of these ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecoder

Established Member
Reaction score
electra beckham bandsage BAS 315 currentley looking at one second hand but looks in mint condition does anyone have any details as the add contains no spec ... more importantly what are your thoughts on performance etc..

I bought a electra beckham planer thicknesser last year that was 10 yrs old and I have been over the moon with it , so im hoping the bandsaw will perform as well......

I used to have one, it was a very capable and accurate bandsaw - 88" blades if my memory serves me correct with twin speeds - would recommend over the modern Chinese imports that sell for less than a secondhand EB315.

IMHO

Dodge":bbi1q2oz said:
I used to have one, it was a very capable and accurate bandsaw - 88" blades if my memory serves me correct with twin speeds - would recommend over the modern Chinese imports that sell for less than a secondhand EB315.

IMHO

Cheers Roger,I managed to find out it has max depth of cut of 6 inch,its 2 speeds as you say. but its in mint condition looks like its hardly been used but the guy is looking at 230 quid for it,if it had a deeper cut I may have been tempted. Oh and a handful of new blades and mitre gague come with it...As I said earlier my Electra planer is spot on and is over ten years old so guess thats whats drawing me to it ...

An excellent second hand machine. Main weakness is the upper and lower blade guides are inclined to disintigrate.
For the price you have stated it needs to be absolutely as new.
Si

knappers":1j2m31i6 said:
An excellent second hand machine. Main weakness is the upper and lower blade guides are inclined to disintigrate.
For the price you have stated it needs to be absolutely as new.
Si

yeah Si its a bit over priced ....

Back