Dodgy Emails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a warning for those not familiar with such things:

Been tortured again with these last few days

.............................................................................................
This message had an attachment which were found to contain the following virus(es):

File 'hotmail_4119.zip/message_text.txt .pif' was infected with virus 'W32.Sober.I@mm' (ID 17487)

The infected file(s) were cleaned or removed from the attachment
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, dump straight away and don't even think about opening the attachment.

Noel

Noely thanks for warning us. Its all to easy to open these attachments without thinking.

Regards

Woody

I had one the other day which gave all indications that it was from Nat West asking us for all our details. Phoned up the bank to check and they siad they hadn't sent anything out. So it was deleted.

Just some advise that its worth checking these things before giving out information.

Mind you if they had got into my accouint they would have been dissapointed, that is unless they were prepared to pay off the overdraft. That's what Tools 2004 does to you.

It should be pointed out that NO bank etc will ever ask for your personal details by email.

If you receive anything like this i would forward a copy to your bank and then delete it.

Take care. Imagine how cheesed off you would be if some pineapple nicked all that lovely dosh you saved up to get your workshop a present for xmas.

Regards

Woody

Those phoney bank emails are called 'phishing'. I now reply to them using a proxy address and fill out all the details with rubbish. Usual response I use is "H M INspector of Taxes"..... Funny, but I don't seem to have received any for a few weeks now...

Back