Dodge's latest Challenge - Don't get Bored - Get a Board!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll see how funds and time will allow me over the next couple of weeks. I may have to have a go at this, I should be able to do something by the deadline :) Won't be anything spectacular though, I'm restricted to a small workshop (12' x 7') at the mo shared with my dad.

riclepp":1b401dxa said:
wow, that's a lot. I got my board from witnesham saw mill yesterday and it only cost me £10!!!!! billy bargin :)

Have rung and spoken to them... going on friday to see what they've got as I'm up that was anyway. He thinks he'll be able to find me something.

I think I can dare to think about a project now!!!
Fingers crossed!

I'm trying to source some timber, all mine is either too short/ narrow. The closest i have is a piece of 7 x 1. All my ply is 4ft or under to fit in my car.

I'll probably give it a go, trying to think of what to make and I'll get a board next week. Great to see the competition being run, I appreciate the thought and organisation involved, looking forward to seeing all the entries.

A box is all that is in my mind at the moment but it would involve resawing the board to get the proportions right and I am not sure if I am up to that.

Melinda_dd":371u1gr1 said:
Grahamshed":371u1gr1 said:
I cannot believe how much trouble I am having deciding what to make :)

I can not believe I can't think of anything other than a box!!!

Feel free to share :wink:
Thought you were making a shelf? :lol:

Come on folks - where is your imagination???? (hammer) (hammer)

A board of that size - well you could make a bracket clock, a magazine rack, a birdbox, a banjo barometer, a wall clock, a tray etc etc

oh pipper did I just give some hints there :wink: :wink:

Dodge":3g74zkns said:
Come on folks - where is your imagination???? (hammer) (hammer)

A board of that size - well you could make a bracket clock, a magazine rack, a birdbox, a banjo barometer, a wall clock, a tray etc etc

oh pipper did I just give some hints there :wink: :wink:

Now it's gonna look like I'm taking your ideas!!

I was bluffing!! I had an idea..... just not sure I'm clever enough to pull it off .... so was keeping it to myself!!!

I am sure that I have a nice piece of ash in the garage. Must be about the right width, just need to cut it down to conform to the rules. What to make with it it......Not sure at the moment. Some sort of desk tidy, a box, what about that little side table I wanted to build.

Ok, please count me in and I will think of something before the 14th.

Dodge":df8m7ghf said:
Come on folks - Any more takers???
:cry: :cry:

I'm thinking about it :lol: got loads of timber that size (Not good timber 'tho - Spruce) but what I don't have is time and a warm workshop, but sounds like you're going to be busy judging the entries soon :)

Back