Doctors ORDERS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi , Those of you that have been around since 2008 will maybe remember my problems with
Coughing
Chest pains
Throat problems

And the various varying diagnosis I had

Recently I have had sinus problems as well as the other above problems continuing

On numerous occasions it has been suggested to me by the medical profession that I should
consider giving up woodwork and anything that involves dust :( my thoughts on that were " Yer Right " :mrgreen:

During my last hospital appointment ( last Wednesday ) and the relevant questions and answers re job / etc I had a endoscope pushed up each nostril , that's a strange feeling and I was TOLD :shock: by the doctor to stop woodworking and anything that involves dust #-o

Not sure what the sinus problems are but I have an appointment for a CT sinus X-Ray examination on 25th

Recently several people I know have all made the same comment " Why is you nose going black ?"

On closer looking it appears the bone under the skin is going black :?

Time will tell

So at the moment my turning and woodworking are on hold until further notice , maybe permanently :?

Sorry to hear that Allan, here's hoping the diagnostic results are of a minor nature and something that can be sorted to enable you to still keep up the hobby.

Best of luck with all the probing and poking.

Blimey Allen, hope it's sortable and you can keep going with a decent filter mask.....

Cheers, Paul

Sorry to hear that Allan its a bummer when health starts to dictate to you what you can and cant do I truly hope all goes well for you mate and you get some good results regarding your health.
I once lived in Dagenham well for the first 55 years of my life well several parts of it I moved out of Hallbut street just of the heathway up to Lincolnshire that was for my wife's health and have since moved to Nottinghamshire
Kind regards Woody

Good luck with the diagnosis; health first, hobby second. Do you transport anything dusty or just 'boxes'?

What sort of mask etc. have you been wearing?

Thanks all

I wear a Trend airshield full face mask all the time when turning

also have a big Jet air cleaner filtering the air in the workshop ( runs all the time I am in the workshop )

and the biggest cyclone extractor Axminster sell with the inlet hose as close to the chuck as I can get it

I was once called " Bonkers " :mrgreen: re the size of the cyclone :lol: :lol:

I can sympathise Allen,

I had a very sore throat a while ago and have had trouble swallowing for ages. I feared the worst. This endoscope thing is no fun at all is it? Mine had to go right down the throat to the vocal chords. The doctor didn't warn me at all, just shoved it up the nose - nice.

I was lucky though and it seems that my tongue is extremely far back and the throat restricted so it was just something that had caused some temporary damage. I was told to take smaller bites and chew thoroughly!!!

Lets hope yours is equally non serious.

I wish you the very best of luck on the 25th.

Crikey Allen,hope all is well with the tests :shock:
Must admit though i haven't been doing any turning for about the last eighteen months and i haven't had a sore nose in all that time.When i was turning,even wearing the airshield,and more recently the 3m respy,plus the extractor on, my nose would be sore??

Sorry to hear this Alan and hope that the results are favourable - I can really sympathise having been through the health mill a few years ago and the same as you initially being told to give up duct related work but that all turned out to be a misdiagnosis resulting in the congenital heart disorder being located which I now live with.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Rog

Allen ,sorry to hear you are having health problems again . Is this linked to your coughing did they say, it's a worrying time waiting for results
I hope everything turns out all right for you .PG it will be something that can be treated and you will be back to good health soon Take care and God Bless.

stop working with spalted woods atleast and get rid of rotting timber if any around.
prolly fungal
hope all goes well Allen

Latest posts

Back