Doctors ORDERS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I hope things go well and things can be fixed. Them cameras up the nose arent very nice, I've had afew myself. I have quite bad industrial rhinitis and sinusitis caused by my time in a factory. Since I started playing with wood I have always struggled to get enough protection from dust. I had the trend mask but it wasn't good enough. I find the 3M dustmaster is alot better. When I'm doing alot of turning I have a little air pump from a cold war radar machine which pumps air from outside into my mask.
Mark

Sorry to hear about your health worries Blister. Fingers crossed here too. And even if you have to stop turning, please don't stop sharing all your fantastic advice.

So sorry to hear about your health problem, Allen - really hope it all works out ok with you and that you'll be allowed to return to woodworking.

Hope it does not become a permanent problem.

I have had similar problems this year, coughing sneezing, eyes running, and having to spit.

I am on anti histamine tablets, never suffered from hay fever in the past but it seems to be extremely bad this year.

How about you turners doing what the engineers do with their lathe turning, using a liquid dribble on to the turning, it might work with certain types of wood?

Sorry for the hijack Alan:-
John, if you do not have very good fine dust control ALL the while you are in the workshop and take care with dusty clothing when you leave, then it might not be 'Hay Fever' that is hitting you.
You been using iroko or any different woods recently?

Well I retire from the workshop this year in 8 weeks time, I have got a cataract op. coming up so that will finish me til next spring and I shall then know if its allergy or hayfever?

But at my age why worry everything is likely to give me aggro.

That said, Hayfever can just start, having never been a problem before. It happened to both my Dad and my sister a few years ago and they never had any allergies. I've heard about it happening a lot over the last few years.

gus3049":1prrb2ap said:
Good luck tomorrow Allen, I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Gordon ( and everyone else ) for you messages and support :lol:

Hopefully all will be OK :wink:

We will see

I arrived at the hospital at 1.10pm for my 1.30 appointment , Keen aint I :mrgreen:

Pleased to see the CT scan room empty with the door open
No Queue , I was the only one

" Mr Wells " ?

Yes said I

Straight in , lay on the table , fed into the hoop and a bit of lining up with the red lazer beam

In and out of the hoop a couple of times , some strange noises " From the machine not me :mrgreen: "

OK All done

You can go now

In and out in 5 mins

I ask " what happens re the results " and was told " I don't know how they work here :shock: " if you don't hear anything in the next 2 weeks contact us :wink:

Back home now recovering from my ordeal with a nice bear

How long do you think I should take over my recovery ( Bear drinking ) period :mrgreen:

Blister":21qdtf0f said:
I arrived at the hospital at 1.10pm for my 1.30 appointment , Keen aint I :mrgreen:

Pleased to see the CT scan room empty with the door open
No Queue , I was the only one

" Mr Wells " ?

Yes said I

Straight in , lay on the table , fed into the hoop and a bit of lining up with the red lazer beam

In and out of the hoop a couple of times , some strange noises " From the machine not me :mrgreen: "

OK All done

You can go now

In and out in 5 mins

I ask " what happens re the results " and was told " I don't know how they work here :shock: " if you don't hear anything in the next 2 weeks contact us :wink:

Back home now recovering from my ordeal with a nice bear

How long do you think I should take over my recovery ( Bear drinking ) period :mrgreen:

Make sure that if you have 3 bears you eat a goldilocks :wink:

Good luck with the recovery period.

Regards

Latest posts

Back