Doctor Bob's Workshop open day 17th May

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nathan, I trust you are doing the right thing and still coming? :lol:

yes i'm still coming, I don't she'll be coming, but if she did i'd be gutted if she wanted one of bob's kitchens, seeing as I make them myself for a living.

nathan

Hi Bob,
I'm new to this forum as you can see, one day I might understand how to work this machine proficiently!! (I'm more comfortable pushing a plane) I would love to visit on your "open day" problem is it's a bit near our holiday.
Can you cut out ply components from CD info' as provided by George Whisstock boat designer? See his website www.whisstock.com
Regards-dericlen

dericlen":3klny2pe said:
Hi Bob,
I'm new to this forum as you can see, one day I might understand how to work this machine proficiently!! (I'm more comfortable pushing a plane) I would love to visit on your "open day" problem is it's a bit near our holiday.
Can you cut out ply components from CD info' as provided by George Whisstock boat designer? See his website http://www.whisstock.com
Regards-dericlen

Probably best done on a CNC, of which I am lacking.

Two more for the list

Brad Naylor (AKA Duncan)
Karl

Jolly good chaps look forward to meeting you

Provisional list so far (some from other forum)

Nathandavies
Mailee
Jonnyd
Paul chapman
DougB
Markblue77
BenCarpenter
Flynnwood
Riclepp
SteveF
Houtslager
Andyswoodshed
NickW
Brad Naylor
Karl
Flufflinger
Journeyman UK
JH Bigley
DTR (maybe)
Steve Maskery
Imageel

Paste and add your name if you are coming, thank you.

Hi doctor bob
Apologies but I can't make it, I'm short staffed that weekend so I'm working. Which is a shame. Can I bother you for advice and tips on kitchen building regardless of lack of presence?

All the best

J

nathandavies":126kx3qw said:
conversation last night

her "what are you looking at?"
me "a post on the forum about the workshop meet i'm going to"
her "when's that?"
me "may 17th"
her "as in my birthday weekend?
me "umm errr umm umm"

oh well

Take her along. If she moans like hell, give her the vacuum bag treatment for a bit of piece and quiet :wink: :lol:

I'm hoping to get there and just wondered if anyone would be interested in an assortment of dust extraction bits. I'm not looking for any money for them but the deal is that it is all or nothing - if I'm going to drag it out of the workshop and put it in the van I don't want to be putting it back again afterwards! I've got some photos, although a few of the bits of larger pipe have been taken by the scrap man. PM me in the next few days if you are interested - first come first served.

Alternatively if you aren't going to bobby's and want to collect it from me that would work too.

Steve

I have a few bits and bobs I can donate as well, few old air drivers and drills

promhandicam":1qxt3cm3 said:
I'm hoping to get there and just wondered if anyone would be interested in an assortment of dust extraction bits. I'm not looking for any money for them but the deal is that it is all or nothing - if I'm going to drag it out of the workshop and put it in the van I don't want to be putting it back again afterwards! I've got some photos, although a few of the bits of larger pipe have been taken by the scrap man. PM me in the next few days if you are interested - first come first served.

Alternatively if you aren't going to bobby's and want to collect it from me that would work too.

Steve
Now taken.

If you've read the whole of this thread you'll know I design kitchens for a living and will be bringing my laptop and monitor down so anybody who's interested can get an overview of CAD and pick my meagre brains to boot on all things kitchen.

If anybody has a project in mind or I would be very happy to rough out plan for you on the day. All I need are accurate room dimensions, including windows, doors, idea of style and list of requirements.

If people are interested in the process then it's much more fun working with live data.

Hopefully I'll be able to prove that there is more to designing a kitchen than statring in a corner and seeing how many units you can fit before you hit the next wall.

I'll run demo's on
how to make the quickest MDF shaker doors ever.
Spindle demos
Machine dovetail demos
4 sider operation
Edgebanding
etc etc
your all welcome to have a play with the machines once you've seen them working. Please could you try not to chop off any body parts, if you do could you take them home with you..................... :lol:

Gutted!! But due to circumstances beyond my control I can no longer make the get together :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hope you all have a great day & take plenty of photos so I can see what I missed :( :(

your all welcome to have a play with the machines once you've seen them working. Please could you try not to chop off any body parts, if you do could you take them home with you..................... :lol:[/quote]

or stick them on the bbq :)

Back