Doctor Bob's Workshop Bash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riclepp

Established Member
Reaction score
May I be the first to thank Dr Bob for his tour and BBQ at his workshop today. I very much enjoyed myself. It was also a pleasure to finally put faces to names.

Cheers

+1

I had a great day
learnt more than i thought anyone could in just 1 day

thankyou Bob

Steve

A really fabulous day. If you want to know how to make top quality kitchens, really fast and to the highest standard, Doctor Bob's your man 8)

Here are a few snaps

Bob's superb table saw (probably wouldn't fit into most people's workshop)

Everything goes through the speed sander

And comes out the other side

The Morso notcher

for making joints like this

The edge bander

The delightfully simple jig for making really fast shaker doors

Some very simple but very effective jigs for fitting hinges and doors

The fabulous four-sider (almost as good as my Clifton #7 :lol: )

As well as making great kitchens, Bob does a mean BBQ

And his lovely dog likes BBQs as well

Steve Maskery brought along a great jig for setting the rail for a rail saw

All in all an excellent day. Many thanks Bob.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

o

Thanks fellas, I wasn't sure about doing this, but do you know what I absolutely loved the day. Last lot left at 7pm so a 9hrs from start to finish and it went in a flash.
Hope fully you all got something out of it and realise it's possible to make stuff very swiftly whilst keeping to a good standard.

Mr Maskery................. Billy loved your cake :lol:

Just got back, an excellent day out, I shall be re configuring my workshop in the morning and working out how to get enough power for a speed sander.

Thanks to Bob for a great day and good to meet everyone

Nathan

Just back and well worth the 7 hour round trip . The day went by in a flash ,really impressed with your work Bob and thank you for an excellent day. Good advise on all aspects of high quality kitchen construction from a master . I have learnt allot today and will be changing the way that i make my work from what i have learnt today .Nice to have had the chance to meet up with fellow woodies .

Thanks for making me feel very welcome and your hospitality Bob your a top man

Cheers Bern.

What a great day - to see such a huge array of machines each set up in a production line like way to machine up the various aspects of the cabinets was a revelation, and the quality of the finished products were outstanding.
A fantastic time and great to meet like minded woodworkers, and for me immensely interesting to see the difference between us part timer/hobbyists and the pro's approach to workshop production.
A big thanks to Dr. Bob for generously giving up his time for this and for generously sharing some of his tips and tricks - I think we all came away having learned something new, and a mean BBQ too!
Cheers
Ed

This is great to see, people getting together as a result of this forum.

That's very kind of Bob to take the time out.

Great dog too.

Got back late last night after a long run on the bike to Bob's bash. Got to add my heartfelt thanks to Bob for a great day. Very informative for all of us especially the commercial wood workers to speed things up. It was nice to meet some of the members and put names to faces (if i remember them) :lol: As Bob stated the time went far too quick but was so enjoyable. All this with a great BBQ too! Sorry to say I couldn't beat Billy to your cake Steve. :lol: I also know I will not be alone in altering some of my working practices in my shop after this. :D

Yes, excellent day. Knackering drive mind, but worth it.
I got lots of food for thought from Karl and spent a very enjoyable couple of hours with Caz on the way home.
Slept like the dead last night, nearly ten hours straight. Not slept like that for years. Wonderful.
I've not forgiven Billy, though.
S

Can the people who took pictures email them to me please as I'd really like to use some of them on my facebook page, any pictures much appreciated.
Regards Bob

doctor Bob":3sdu75rt said:
Can the people who took pictures email them to me please as I'd really like to use some of them on my facebook page, any pictures much appreciated.
Regards Bob
You can just pull them off the forum. Or hit "quote" on the post containing the pics you want and the weblinks to where they are hosted will be revealed and you can lift them from there and possibly in higher resolution too.

MM

Myfordman":1g6gkuy2 said:
doctor Bob":1g6gkuy2 said:
Regards Bob
You can just pull them off the forum. Or hit "quote" on the post containing the pics you want and the weblinks to where they are hosted will be revealed and you can lift them from there and possibly in higher resolution too.

MM

Sorry, I meant anyone else apart from Paul who took pics and has posted his up.

Im gutted I could not make this in the endm would have liked to have seen to workshop and a few faces. I will definitely be coming to the next if it is ever held again.

Mark

Mod edit - Dup post removed.

Paul Chapman":3ef7nmbt said:

Steve Maskery brought along a great jig for setting the rail for a rail saw

o

Just saw this and now even more disappointed I could not make this great day.

I am intrigued how Steve's jig works and how it was made - appears simple, but are sizes etc critical?

Back