Do you need help / chat / access to machinery you don't have? Local network database

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanous

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a database of people, who are open to meet new people, have a chat with them, show & explain some machinery, or maybe even do a little work for someone who does not have the gear needed to do the work him/herself. For example, I have at home a jointer/thicknesser, which I believe not many beginers have in the shop yet. It might mean a lot for some individuals to be able to get in touch, and I could run a board or two through my jointer, to help them out. I know from experiance it's a blessing to find someone with the right gear to solve a problem you'd otherwise have big issues dealing with.

If you would like to be listed as someone who can help, please post below few details. Rough location (nearest city or similar, not the exact address please), and what machinery you have, and others could possibly benefit from.

If you are someone who is new to woodworking, I'm hoping this list will grow, and eventually you will be able to find someone on the list, local to you, who you can connect with, have a chat, ask for help ect.

THE LIST

Disclaimers
- This thread assumes non-paid work / help
- Machinery owner would operate the machines, if work is involved (Health&safety, plus liability reasons)

For those wanting to know the background behind this idea, feel free to look here.

Let's be friendly, and build something great for the awesome comunity woodworking is.

Hi, Grimsby NE lincs.
13” planer thicknesser, long solid and cast iron.
12” Sedgwick table saw with 24” depth cross cut.
Sedgwick spindle moulder.
352? Startrite bandsaw.
Myford ml8 wood lathe.
Large pillar drill.
Bobbin sander and all the normal stuff you’d expect to find.
All with commercial ducting + fine filter.
Will be made welcome, I even have a kettle! Ian

North Cotswolds
14 inch table saw
Planer thicknesser
Spindle moulder (not much tooling yet)
Routers
Sanders
Track saw
Bandsaw
Pillar drill
Metal fabrication (MIG, MMA, Plasma cutter, metal saws)
Kettle
Fridge
Dog friendly

Figeac, France
Table saw
Mitre Saw
Track saws
Several routers
Lots of drills and drivers
Car repair tools
Thicknesser
Small (Lidl) welder
Kgs of nuts, bolts, screws, fasteners and glue (of all types)

Latest posts

Back