Quantcast

do we need a dealer section

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

clk230

Established Member
Reaction score
just a thought as some forums do this, we have a private classifieds were it is only non commercial , but this seems a bit of a mockery as the dealers just advertise in other sections.
on some forums dealers are charged a yearly subs £25-£50 to advertise thier wares in the dealer section.

tinytim1458

Established Member
Reaction score
would be good as any revenue from dealers could be reinvested back into the site to make it better or members could get discounts from the dealers with ads on the site.
but can also see points for keeping it independant but with todays economy it is hard.
Tim

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the site is pretty well saturated with dealer links in find my local in its free and paid exposure forms and the more highly visible Trade Banner at the top of each page.

clk230

Established Member
Reaction score
Harbo":521f5bh5 said:
The site is owned and run by Charley - not us!
yes i know , but i posted in the suggestion's and comments section !

clk230

Established Member
Reaction score
the only reason i suggested the idea is that the classified is non commercial ,but if you want to sell a commercial product all you have to do is to advertise/sell your product in any other section of the forum and i'm not talking about links or banners.

one question for any mod - if a trader advertises in the classifieds what happens to the advert ?

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
clk230":zfknhrif said:
the only reason i suggested the idea is that the classified is non commercial ,but if you want to sell a commercial product all you have to do is to advertise/sell your product in any other section of the forum and i'm not talking about links or banners.

one question for any mod - if a trader advertises in the classifieds what happens to the advert ?
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. We have actually thought about offering "premier posts" for companies and is something we would consider although probably won't be appearing on the site anytime soon.

Latest posts