DMT Duosharp stones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a deal on a double sided diamond stone for general sharpening. I was all set to but the trend one, but searching n the forum, there seemed to be a few unfavourable reviews. Further searching lead me to look at the DMT stones.

I am fortunate to have a colleague in the States at the moment, due back at the end of next week. A quick email and he was more than happy to bring items back, providing they will fit into his luggage. I located what I think is an excellent deal on a huge 10” x 4” set- probably larger than I need but able to accommodate wide blades and allow long strokes.

http://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/DMT-1 ... 35C24.aspx.

It is shocking how expensive these stones are to buy in the UK- the set that I purchased for $199 (shipped to a US office address) would be over £400 here from Axminster (http://www.axminster.co.uk/dmt-250mm-du ... rod823060/), or their competitors. It would actually still be worth paying the international shipping and paying the relevant taxes on it. I am yet to receive the goods but the customer services department were quick to respond to a couple of questions that I asked of them.

It is entirely possible that the course/extra course stone will not see that much use, but at the price for the kit I felt that I may as well give it a try. I don’t like grinding blades, so I am hoping that the courser stones will avoid needing to.

£200 per stone. The kit I have bought is 2 stones + the holder, although you wouldnt have seen that if you couldnt access the other link.

If you google "dmt 10" duosharp" it was on the first page

Ezelap are cheap and work OK. But they are all hard work for grinding. Belt sander is better, Sorby proedge even better. I've just taken some chips out of a heavy 2 1/2" antique Marples chisel with hard laminated face and it took just a few minutes. Would have been hours by hand.

Back