DMT Dia-sharp stones?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matmac

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for the best place and price to get a coarse, fine, extra fine at 8 in x 3in. Any idea's?
Matt

I don't know if you have any game fairs in your area coming up, but I got the cheapest price for mine at a dmt knife sharpening stall. I've been to a few, and it always seems to be there..you could check I suppose. I had to order mine there and they sent it to me, was about £20 cheaper.

Hi Matt

Waht are you hoping to do with the course? I was disapointed with mine. Perfect for keeping my waterstones flat, but not nearly as course as I had hoped. The Extra course is the one to get if you want to use it for flattening backs of irons etc.

IMO

looking at it it i think xxc, fine, extra fine, extra extra fine then strop will jewelers rough. Then live happily ever after. hahaha.
Matt

Ha ha, sounds like a good bet ;-)

With diamond stones it seems like there is not a lot of difference between any of them except the ones at the very far end of the scale.

Matthew over at workshop heaven sells the xxc.

Cheers

I would suggest buying one and see how you get on. I was disappointed in mine( 8" blue coarse dmt ) quickly developed a bald hump in the centre - as did the replacements
Matt

Shrubby i think thats the old style one with the holes? Im looking at the continious stone, i am worried it may liek you say develop a bald spot. I bought some cheap ones and they were rubbish but i think DMT are alot better. as ever you get what you pay for.
Matt

I've used the DMT stones with the holes for over twenty years, no bald spots yet (me or the stones!)

custard":j08qk1fv said:
I've used the DMT stones with the holes for over twenty years, no bald spots yet (me or the stones!)

Likewise on the stones and up top ! :lol:

Also got a set of 8" x 3" continuous DMT's last year, not given them a lot of work yet but seem up to the usual excellent dmt standards so far.

Cheers, Paul

Just looked at a colleagues red 8" stone - it also has a bald hump along the centre. That makes 4. They seem OK for home users though
Matt

Back