DML-BR bowl turning extension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to source a new, or used , Record Power DML-BR bowl turning attachment
for a Record Power wood lathe. The lathe model I have is a Record Power DML36SH,
which I know the DML-BR will definitely fit. I'm a new member, new to woodturning. I have made banjo pots in the past, but I am looking to turn up to 12" diameter pots using my lathe. Anyone got one ? I know my lathe is an old one but it was barely used when I acquired it. Anyone got a DML-BR lurking in a man cave somewhere?

There's a separate woodturning-lathes forum a little below general Woodworking on this site. You might get a better response there.

Good luck finding one. You won't regret getting it. I bought mine when I bought the lathe in 2000 and often use it even for smaller bowls and pots just because it can be a more comfortable position to work in. If you've not got one yet, you would probably need to consider an adjustable dust extractor arm that can reach out to that position.

Thanks for the helpful advice, and suggestions for best place to post. I have exhausted every source I can think of to find one. Even got scammed into paying for a non-existent one , someone claimed to be selling one in response to a wanted ad I placed on Gumtree a week ago. Fast running out of places to find one

Thanks for the helpful advice, and suggestions for best place to post. I have exhausted every source I can think of to find one. Even got scammed into paying for a non-existent one , someone claimed to be selling one in response to a wanted ad I placed on Gumtree a week ago. Fast running out of places to find one

I feel your pain. I got taken on another forum in a similar way.

Pete

[/QUOTE

just keep looking I’ve bought and sold two record lathes recently where they were still in the original wax paper and never been used

Hi,
I had to buy a lathe ( which I didn't want) to get the attachment. Then I sold on the lathe without it.
A more expensive way of going about it, but I had exhausted every other way of getting the extension.
Good luck with your search.
Hugh

have you tried record direct or one of their agents ? had a look on their website says spares available may be worth a shot . ian

Hi,
I had to buy a lathe ( which I didn't want) to get the attachment. Then I sold on the lathe without it.
A more expensive way of going about it, but I had exhausted every other way of getting the extension.
Good luck with your search.
Hugh
Thanks. I now discover that the Record lathe I have does not have a revolving head, and so the bowl turning extension won't work for me anyway.

Back