DIY novice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulC78

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I'm a complete novice about to tackle a bedroom, I found this forum while googling some stuff so figured I'd sign up as there's a bit of woodworking involved and I'll probably need a few pointers.

Wish me luck!
Paul

Yup, dont have any qualms about posting up any queries, no matter how simple, there is a huge pool of experience on here from professional to experienced amateur. They love answering questions.

Hello and Welcome, we all had to start at the beginning and learn along the way,it can be frustrating at first when things don't go quite as expected,but that is where you will find this forum invaluable , Don't be afraid to ask questions ,many on here have and continue to go out of their way to help others with advice and encouragement ,you are under no obligation to heed any advice given but it will make your Wood working a more pleasurable experience if you do,:)

Jump right in, it's surprising what you can do when you try.

Best advice ever is measure twice and cut once.

Secondly if you are a complete novice make a cardboard or paper template first to prove your concept.

Wood is expensive.

Good luck.

Practice practice practice!

Don't rush!

Measure once cut twice.

Measure twice cut once....

Measure stop measure again! MSM

If it's not enjoyable stop!

Cheers James

Hi folks!

I'm a complete novice about to tackle a bedroom, I found this forum while googling some stuff so figured I'd sign up as there's a bit of woodworking involved and I'll probably need a few pointers.

Wish me luck!
Paul

Welcome to the forum, good luck with the work. There is a lot of very knowledgeable people on here, I`m sure you`ll find the info you need.

Back