Dividing my room with a wardrobe? help !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emjaylu

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Re-designing my bedroom, would it look strange having a wardrobe parting half of my room off? See attached pictures to see what i mean..

Attachments

• final planaa1.jpg
    final planaa1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,178
  • final planaa2.jpg
    final planaa2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,178
First question is WHY ?

you have 2 ideal areas / recesses on either end of the room if you need storage space

And leave the bedroom open plan

Having a daughter who is a free lance fashion designer and who has extened her 5 bed house to accomodate a similar trend and the experience of what that has entailed over the years, I would say your basic requirement judging from your initial thread is to reduce the requirement for such a large wardrobe. :twisted:

As Alan says make the most of existing alcoves, in my opinion any division of the space is going to have a far more claustrophobic effect on such a small room than just the loss of floor space would suggest.

Yeah, I'm guessing it wouuld make theroom feel a LOT smaller,

I need to figure out a way to make the most of the space i've got...and to be honest i just need room for all my clothes/shoes/makeup and bags...lol

I don't really own anything else apart from that, and i'm going to get the IKEA Day bed in black, and that gives me storage underneath for my bags, so just need to acommodate the clothes/shoes/makeup.

I can easily get a dressing table for the makeup, thats sorted. Now just the clothes/shoes

1 Wardrobe is certainly not enough, I need like 4 or 5 to be honest. I Was thinking of building isomething on the wall, so i can store my clothes and be able to see them with no door.... like this

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,124
Beds under windows can be subject to cold down draughts in winter.
Window seat built as a storage chest can house a large quantity of shoes etc. even if you have some lift out racks to keep them in layers. You will see slim line wall mounted shoe racks in IKEA try and see if something similar can be incorporated in any unused corridor or little room wall space.
Long term clothes storage can be subjected to vacuum packing to reduce volume, slide under beds easily. Alternate summer/winter collections on racks.

How would i put the clothes rail on the wall?

Would i build it out of shelves? cabinets? I am so confused.

Back