Display your local weather and forecast plus temp on desktop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
weather forecast w.jpg

If interested with my windows 7 pro I can display my local and your weather and present temperture permanently on screen.

(here's how,

Right click on desktop and look for a button called gadgets and left click to open it up and then the gadgets window opens up and then drag the weather icon from the gadgets box onto the desktop and then weather appears.

Next then right click the weather and then look for options and then type the location you want the weather and then type paignton and when it is done click ok.

Then go to the gadget and look for a button that says larger size in the middle and this makes it bigger.

Attachments

• weather forecast w.jpg
    weather forecast w.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 600
I prefer to use the other kind of windows to see what the weather is like. :lol:

Si.

Of course, when you upgrade to Windows 8 later this year you'll be able to have one of the 'Metro' tiles displaying this information.....

Misterfish

I have now had my W7 pro new computer a month and I reckon I have lost more interests than I have gained.
Around five or six of my original apps are redundant.
I have even lost my microsoft joystick forcefeedback 2 . I might set up my old laptop as a side line to stay in the game.

Woody

I used gadgets when I first got my laptop. I found they were among the things that were slowing down my boot-up. So I booted them!
I have a nice clock on the shelves above the PC, I rarely need the currency rate, and for the weather, I use the other kind of windows, as someone said, or the barometer/thermometer in the hallway! I play just one game on my PC, (And I am getting fed up with it, since I found all the cheats) and that does play on either machine. Not exactly enchanted with Win 7 I must admit!

:(

Weather feeds are available from Weather Underground

Every time I see a Windows desktop it makes me shudder - how do you work in all that mess :)

... here's a neat desktop .... like my workshop :wink:

screenshot-1.jpg

All you need to do on a MAC is press down the wheel on the mouse and up it pops then press again and away it goes :wink:

I love my Mac :lol: :lol: :lol:

RogerP":1xc0xxyw said:
Weather feeds are available from Weather Underground

Every time I see a Windows desktop it makes me shudder - how do you work in all that mess :)

... here's a neat desktop .... like my workshop :wink:

screenshot-1.jpg

Roger, my desktop reminds me what I can do if the old grey matter nods off. :wink:

Slow computer, not mine it works quicker than I can think, quad processor, 8gbs memory, forget how big the video card is but it does 3d.

Both Macs and PCs can be set up with cleared or cluttered desktops - the thing is that BOTH systems allow the user to set it up as they want.

Misterfish

Roger...

I hate mess too, but there are files and shortcuts I use more than others. Hence they are all in folders on my desktop. That way I can use them with two clicks rather than going to my-docs each time. (Less windows open too). With a slowish old PC it saves me time overall and a certain amount of frustration... So as long as it makes sense to me, then it isn't untidy. Just usefully cluttered! :D :D :D (hammer)

Back