Dismantling/adapting furniture.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithy

Established Member
Reaction score
My son has just moved house and has some furniture that is to big to go up the stairs. He was going to get rid of the furniture but I have suggested that he looks for a local woodworker who could dismantle and adapt it for them. If anybody knows of someone in the Hythe Kent area I would be most grateful. I am stuck in France for the moment.

You don’t say what the furniture is, but usually if it isn’t designed as flatpack it’s not going to come apart without a lot of damage. It isn’t all that difficult to remove a window frame would that do it?

You don’t say what the furniture is, but usually if it isn’t designed as flatpack it’s not going to come apart without a lot of damage. It isn’t all that difficult to remove a window frame would that do it?
Hi. It is nothing fancy from what I can make out, bog standard pine furniture. It seems a shame to dump it, when somebody could do something with it to get it up the stairs.

Tell him to look underneath. Legs and tops may be fastened with screws or nuts and bolts.

Back