Discrete angle stops for the One Way tool rest?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bertterbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had modified this jig to add discrete stops for common angles? ideally every 5 degrees.

Currently, I use the black marker pen method to dial it in, but when you're constantly changing tools, it's a bit annoying and time consuming. I've also seen people like John Lucas make jigs like the Raptor guides, so I might also try that.

1653819159400.png

I'm surprised this design hasn't changed over the years. Something like the Kodiak tool rest seems like a much better design. It also rotates around the pivot at the end of the rest so you don't have to move it back and forwards for different angles. Although I appreciate that it can only really work with CBN wheels with a diameter that does not change. But then again, if you're a hobbiest, the wheel diameter isn't going to change much and reconfiguring it once a year or so isn't a big deal.

https://woodturnerswonders.com/prod...1JumgcebbAmD9643hnBz7S7lPk9IkCJDYfuJBvsXUEALg
1653819402037.png

Back