Dinning room table with leaf section/s

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonrms

Established Member
Reaction score
I am NOT a wood worker... I am a wood turner...

big differance and I complement those who can do both or are just dang good... but so my project will begin.

I hope! :|

I need help with a design for a square or oval dinning room table with the ability to extend it via leaf sections or on section.

I have no idea how to do this... or how to plan it... so I am asking.. first does anyone have a basic plan.. tips ideas, suggestions.

as I said.. I do not hide the fact I have never made anything like this... so this will be a first!

I can use my lathe.. I have a huge bandsaw, etc.. and have plenty of tools.. no doubt I will need a few more along the way.. but hey.. its all fun.... thanks for the advice in advance!

the first thing I would do if I were in your shoes is go some place and look at tables of the sort you are interested in. You'll be able to get an idea of how they are assembled and work. If you can find photos that represent the furniture style you are looking for, that will be a big help in us helping you to design the table. Also it would help to know how big a table you're after. How many people need to sit round it?

ok this will probably be the most easy design in the world.. I want it to be minimalistic (spelling)
I want it to always sit 4 but up to 8 at a push.. 6 comfortably.

will get the exact size I wish for.. ie length this is why I am thinking of a oval design instead of a square one.. plus the bit in the middle for the oval wont be as obvious when removed etc.

chairs are not a issue... I will only focus on the table to start with... then the probably referb some chairs into the same style. (good use of recycling!!!! lol

Back