Dining bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
A customer has come along with some pieces of live edge birch with which they want me to make a bench with a back to be used at a dining table, the bench will have it's back to a wall.

They want storage for grandkids toys in the bench so originally wanted a lift up seat but I convinced them it wouldn't be very practical so looking at other ideas.

I was thinking something like in the link below with a couple of boxes on wheels underneath that could be pulled out from the end when needed and pushed back under when finished with.

https://heartwoodtables.com/our-tables/ ... rry-bench/

Does anybody know if it's possible to buy the metal work like in the link off the shelf or do I get my local Blacksmith to knock me something up?

Also I remember someone posting a link to a site which gave standard dimensions for furniture but I seem to have lost it, does anyone know of a good one? I have found some but I'm sure someone posted a really good one once.

Thanks in advance, Doug

How about a 'Hopper' front for the storage case Doug? Or a simple drop-down panel?
I'd favour the hopper, as all toys could be contained and won't fall out when the box is opened.

John (hammer)

Benchwayze":3flj71iz said:
How about a 'Hopper' front for the storage case Doug? Or a simple drop-down panel?
I'd favour the hopper, as all toys could be contained and won't fall out when the box is opened.

John (hammer)

The bench will have the dining table in front of it so access would be tricky.

Myfordman":3flj71iz said:

That is brilliant, thank you.

Back