Dimensions from picture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalf12

Reaction score
Hi,

First post here, so apologies if it is in the wrong section.
I have a picture of a bed that my wife wishes me to make for her as the manufacturer has stopped making them.
I have spoken to the company that took over the original manufacturer to find out if they have the plans or dimensions, but sadly they do not.
Does anyone know of an accurate method to get the dimensions of the timber used from the picture.
The length, width and height of the bed will be determined by mattress size and the wife, I just need to find out the timber dimensions.
I have marked my thoughts on the picture.

Richard

Attachments

• Bed.jpg
    Bed.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 52
by the look of that knee knocker anything close wood do...pardon the pun....
also, what does the wardrobe look like if you please.....

easy really, just get the matress of ur choice and work around that..
not sure of the UK equiv anymore....
but the sides would be 10x4s and 6" square for the post and end rails.....
oh, and pallet wood for the head board.....
sorry about my sence of humor.....hahaha

Well, each to their own, and it wouldn’t do for us all to be the same lol. I think all you can do really is find out what sections of timber you can actually get, I haven’t seen any 5 x 5 pine for a long time. Re-mattresses if you aren’t reusing your old one be careful or wait until you have bought your new one as they tend to vary quite a lot in size and also if buying from IKEA they tend to have their own sizes altogether, at least that used to be the case. Ian

Back