• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

digital read outs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Harbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Machine-DRO sell them as well - you can download a PDF showing various fixing methods.
Basically the scale fixes to the body and the slider moves with what ever you are adjusting to measure the movement or gap?

Rod

Harbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a Wixey one for my P/T but never got round to fixing it!
My friend is fixing a quite expensive XYZ axis one to his Centec Milling Machine at the moment.
My Deft TS has a very accurate scale mechanism so cannot see me fitting one there?

colinc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have one of the Wixey ones on my Scheppach planer/thicknesser. It is something I would never want to be without now. I have been machining a lot of small sections and the ability to reliably dial in the thickness saves a lot of time.

The one I fitted a year ago was for the wrong style of planer, the De-Walt style, so needed adaption to work in the right sense but the new WR550 is designed for my style of planer and I was planning to swap to it when I get chance. http://www.wixey.com/remote-planer/index.html

Machine-DRO have them on offer at the moment: http://www.machine-dro.co.uk/wixey-remo ... m-12-.html

regards,

Colin

Harbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I think the one I bought was suitable for a DW benchtop thicknesser - it works in the opposite direction to my Metabo?

Rod

promhandicam

Established Member
Reaction score
get hold of a copy of the last f&c magazine as there was a comprehensive write up of the wixey. I've got on on my startrite p/t and it is great.