Digital Radio

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Does anyone have any experience of, or knowlege about digital radio? I have a favourite station that's only on AM band and I'm still getting interference problems when my main lathe is running so I have to tune to an FM station.

I was just wondering (A) if my preffered station will be available on digital - The station is Classic Gold GEM by the way and (B) will machinery still cause the annoying crackle as it often does on the AM waveband.

Regards....Mike

Cutting Crew":26dqqhr9 said:
I was just wondering (A) if my preffered station will be available on digital - The station is Classic Gold GEM by the way and (B) will machinery still cause the annoying crackle as it often does on the AM waveband.

Mike,

To see what stations are available in your area have a look at digitalradionow. To see what radios are available have a look at dab-digital-radio.

You should not get any interference on digital radio (or TV for that matter). The signal is either there or it isn't, so you might get occasional drop-outs but that's it. Not that I've got a digital radio yet (my wife contributed to the PT260 instead of buying me a Bug) but that's the theory.

Cheers,

Pete (who used to work in digital TV)

Hi Mike

Cutting Crew":1q1ve9rc said:

A. I've just had a quick flick through the channels, in Nottingham, and I don't see it listed.

B. Our DAB is about fifteen foot away from the workshop and I don't believe that there has been any discernable interference.

C. The answer to the question you didn't ask, is a Pure Evoke. Absolutely wonderful.

Cheers
Neil

Mike

No Idea about the station, but i have my DAB in the workshop and it works fine mind you its turned up so loud when the Lathe and airtfilter, etc are on it must driive the neibhours mad

Back