• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Digital Height Gauge for Axminster Craft AC250PT Planer Thicknesser (returned to Axminster)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanous

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day to you all.

Got this beauty this week, can't wait to have a play with it, calibrate, and mill some lumber!

I have ordered the optional "digital" read for the thicknessing mode. It's analog, really, but it shows numbers down to a 0.1mm. To my surprise, it came fitted on the machine already! Happy days. And then I found in a box a second one, that I could fit myself.

So, does anyone want it? Half price maybe? I don't feel like I would benefit from keeping it. If you would be able to pick up from Daventry, even better.

Attachments

• 20210303_165057.jpg
    20210303_165057.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20210304_164153.jpg
    20210304_164153.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 110
According to the Axminster page for the AC250PT:

"Now fitted with a digital height gauge for the thicknessing table, making setting a breeze."

Congratulations on your new machine. Mine should arrive next Thursday. It's a mad dash at the moment to finish remodelling the workshop to make space for it. @MikeK it would appear that the page may have been updated recently as when I ordered my machine it wasn't clear whether it came with the height gauge. I'm glad I held off ordering one.
@Fanous Axminster should let you return the gauge and give you a refund.

So that I am understanding correctly, you ordered a planer/thicknesser and a digital gauge because you didn't realise that it came with one.

Why not just return the gauge for a full refund? By selling at half price you're essentially giving away half the cost of the gauge.

So that I am understanding correctly, you ordered a planer/thicknesser and a digital gauge because you didn't realise that it came with one.

Why not just return the gauge for a full refund? By selling at half price you're essentially giving away half the cost of the gauge.

This is what I need to find out I guess. I didn't realise they updated the spec of the machine, saying it comes with it already. I had it on back order for quite a while!

Congratulations on your new machine. Mine should arrive next Thursday. It's a mad dash at the moment to finish remodelling the workshop to make space for it. @MikeK it would appear that the page may have been updated recently as when I ordered my machine it wasn't clear whether it came with the height gauge. I'm glad I held off ordering one.
@Fanous Axminster should let you return the gauge and give you a refund.

Thanks Popey, I too struggle for space in my single garage. Too small for woodworking, but I ain't gonna give up! I was going to sell my motorcycle to create more space, and hang my pushbikes verically on a wall. Every bit counts! Now I'm trying to get my motorbike in a yard, and have it living under a cover.

Lost of things to do, just can't wait to get warmer, it's not pleasant in the cold garage.

Back