Digital Camera's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMoore

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to purchase a new digital camera to take pictures of my comissions, i have upto around £300 to spend, maybe £350 at a push
so far i have narrowed it down to the following
KODAK EASYSHARE Z700 + PRINTER DOCK £249.99
KODAK EASYSHARE Z740 DIGITAL CAMERA £249.99
KODAK EASYSHARE DX7590 DIGITAL CAMERA £299.99

Are Kodak digicams up there with the best? i have only looked at kodak so far, as they have been recomended to me,
i would like to buy aditional storage, and a printer to go along with it, if possible all for £350, if not, then just the camera
is there any other models that you can recomend?#
what do i need to look for in a camera, to show off my work to its best

Thanks, Matt

My Fuji S5000 is fantastic, (now most probably S5500)

Software is good that comes with camera.

But the best of all is the lens. Its optical length is 10x thats equivelent to the old 35 days of 28 to 280.. The digital length is over 20 times and I have no complaints with that either (the quality is acceptable)

Look around they come out at under the £300. and there is no other make that has that spec at that price level.

Yup, I second the quality of the S5000: only down side (which is common to many digicams) is that it is a bit slow to start up. A problem with sports/action, but not for workshop still lifes...

Yep, I third the comments about the Fuji.

I knew nothing whatsoever about digital cameras before I bought mine so did a bit of research and found that all the reviews of the Fuji were excellent. It has virtually all the facilities you might need, except I was disappointed at the absence of a cable release facility for tripod work. Otherwise it is excellent.

The main attraction for me, too, was the 10x optical zoom - superb.

Cheers,

Trev.

Thanks, DW.

We use the long zoom to photograph our feathered friends, wrens through to owls and buzzards, in the garden. Trouble is getting the little b*****s to stay still. But, patience is a virtue............ :roll:

Cheers,

Trev.

Canon Powershot A80, 4 Meg, great wee camera. Can't talk about it's technical attributes, beyond me, but great images and the screen swings in all directions. About £280 when I got it, maybe less than £200 now.
Plenty of reviews of cameras at www.epinions.com

Noel

Do you know anyone going on holiday to Hong Kong, Singapore or Japan? You can *just* get a Canon EOS 300D and 80mm f/1.8 lens for around 350 UKP, and it should comfortably wipe the floor with any pocket digital you can name. 6 megapixels but no zoom, but you're on the first rung of a slippery camera system slope then... :twisted:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/300d.html

Dont forget the original enquiry was for webcam use in addition to hi tech cameras.?????????

Some hi tech dont have that facility.

Tawny owl nesting in the remains of an old apple tree in our garden:

trevtheturner-tawnyowl.JPG

This is why I wanted the 10x zoom! ('Tis a bit wood related as it's an old tree!).

Sorry to digress from your original question, Matt.

Cheers,

Trev.

That's beautiful, Trev. How fortunate you are to be able to witness wildlife like that. I count myself blessed when we walk through the local woods, often seeing foxes, deer, badgers, owls and pheasants; but we only ever see them fleeing from us and our dogs.

Gill

Trev,

Magic picture. :D

I have yet to see an owl near this house, I now they are around as I often hear them of an evening. 8)

devonwoody":u4kxkuaw said:
Dont forget the original enquiry was for webcam use in addition to hi tech cameras.?????????

Where did you get that from Devon? :?

MattMoore":u4kxkuaw said:
I am looking to purchase a new digital camera to take pictures of my comissions
snip
what do i need to look for in a camera, to show off my work to its best

Was what Matt was asking about. 8-[

Yes the word digicam most probably sent my thoughts to webcam.

The fujiS5000 has webcam plus microphone and speaker installed and a video camera in addition to the straight forward digital camera usage.

Gill":4zbxe3cm said:
How fortunate you are to be able to witness wildlife like that.
Dunno about that. Woke up the other morning and looked out of the window to find a Sparrowhawk disembowelling a blackbird in the front garden - sort of puts you off your Rice Crispies... :roll: S'good piccy though, Trev. :D

Cheers, Alf

Back