Did you just really create a UKW Sponsors only marketplace section??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafezetter

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken this looks like a marketplace section for sponsor only readership "Sponsor announcements on their products, specials and company news" - which crucially can ONLY BE READ BY SPONSORS.

Question: why would I as a paying sponsor put in a detailed thread about my "products, specials and company news" that can only be read by a fraction of the userbase of UKW?

Am I mistaken in thinking that as a sponsor I would want this kind of information to reach the largest audience possible, not the prilveged few?

Is this really how this forum is going to go?

No, I highly doubt this will force a larger portion of the membership to upgrade to a sponsorship for access to that section.

I strongly suggest the new ownership take a rethink on this, you might not care that some of our experienced and valued members have already left, because others have taken thier place as it's all just numbers to you, but more and more I am seeing this forum become less a place of valuable time proven experience, and more and more a collection of inexperienced members looking for advice from a dwindling population of experienced members as those with the knowledge have either already left or might well do if this heavy handed management continues.

Basically this forum seems to be on course to be run into the ground, all in the chase for monetisation. I used to recommend this forum to others I met with an interest in woodworking, but I don't anymore.

Last edited:
I would guess it's a section where a business can advertise and sell it's products if they sponsor UKW?

Unless I'm mistaken this looks like a marketplace section for sponsor only readership "Sponsor announcements on their products, specials and company news" - which crucially can ONLY BE READ BY SPONSORS.

Question: why would I as a sponsor put in a detailed thread about my "products, specials and company news" that can only be read by a fraction of the userbase of UKW?

Am I mistaken in thinking that as a sponsor I would want this kind of information to reach the largest audience possible, not the prilveged few?

Is this really how this forum is going to go?

No, I highly doubt this will force a larger portion of the membership to upgrade to a sponsorship for access to that section.

I strongly suggest the new ownership take a rethink on this, you might not care that some of our valued members have already left, because others have taken thier place, but more and more I am seeing this forum become less a place of learned experience, and more and more a collection of inexperienced members looking for advice from those whom have either already left or might well do if this heavy handed management continues.

Please see this announcement made by Angie in March when she created the new forum:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/sponsor-market.129723/
Permission to create a thread is restricted to approved sponsors, but all members will be able to see and reply to the sponsor threads.

Latest posts

Back