Did anyone on here buy the Stanley chisels on eBay?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stanley Chisels? I have a couple of their bevel-edged ones. 2" and 1/8". Nothing to write home about, but they have lasted well. But at that eBay price? No way.
As for eBay itself, not unless I am desperate; as I was for a Windows XP motherboard, which I couldn't source anywhere else. (Yes , it does function btw; after some fiddling about.)

I am with Rob on the Marples chisels. Boxwood handles are nice, but they sometimes split. Which reminds me I have a couple that really do need new handles. I think I'll go for ash as I have some 75 mm square lying about. :D

Regards
John :ho2

Benchwayze":2w5m4582 said:
I am with Rob on the Marples chisels. Boxwood handles are nice, but they sometimes split. Which reminds me I have a couple that really do need new handles. I think I'll go for ash as I have some 75 mm square lying about. :D

Regards
Those Marples chisels were really nice. That was in the days when they did actually make their handles from boxwood...alas no more, but Ray Isles still offer chisels with London pattern octagonal handle - Rob

woodbloke":3scpa89p said:
Benchwayze":3scpa89p said:

Regards
Those Marples chisels were really nice. That was in the days when they did actually make their handles from boxwood...alas no more, but Ray Isles still offer chisels with London pattern octagonal handle - Rob

Rob,
My search doesn't come up with a site for Ray Isles. Have you a link please?
Cheers.

Better to correspond by pigeon post as he'll keep you on the phone forever :shock: , top bloke though (hammer)
think I'll give my nephew his number, he's allways got free minutes to use up :mrgreen:

:lol: I very nearly put the same, Alan - actually backspaced. Always glean some morsel of insight from Ray, so think it's well worth charging up the phone battery first.

John - it's Iles not Isles - as in eldest son of Ashley Iles (whose eponymous business, home of AI bench chisels, carving and turning tools is now run by Ray's siblings Tony and Barry)

Back