Diary article - additional pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Findley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I hope you have been enjoying my articles in the magazine. The most recent article in issue 239 could have benefitted from a few more pictures but there simply wasn't space so I thought I would post them here for you to see. Hopefully these will compliment the text even more than the pictures that were published:

Firstly, the board of Burr Oak that was brought to me to turn those bowls from:

DSCF2739.JPG

And some more shots of the bowls themselves, firstly the large bowl:

DSCF2764.JPG

And the curve:

DSCF2763.JPG

And the smaller bowl:

DSCF2760.JPG

And it's curve:

DSCF2761.JPG

Finally there was a section where I described the small chair components that I had made, again there wasn't space for the picture, so here it is:

DSCF2892.JPG

Not the most exciting picture but gives a better idea of what I was on about. You can see the feet at the top left with the finials below them and the gallery spindles below that. The ball strings are on the right of the picture. I hope to get a picture of the completed chairs so I will post them when I do.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard, the 'before' for the bowls is very droolable for some of us and the visions of what to do with all the offcuts just as interesting as the 'afters' are impressive. The craftsmanship involved in the freehand production of so many complimentary replacement pieces for the chairs is something for most of us to dream of, pity it was not given more prominence.

I no longer subscribe to Woodturning mag so haven't seen your article Richard,but the work shown here is just fantastic =D>

as Chas comment, the repetition is amazing; whist most will be aware of the adage relating to 'the first 1000, or some such similar, it's only really when you look at a simple spread like yours that it sinks home!

Thanks for your comments guys.

I've not yey been commissioned to write another series so if you do enjoy it drop Mark Baker and Tegan Foley an email won't you!! :lol: :wink:

Cheers

Richard

Back