Diamond Sharpening

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morpheus83uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking at some Atoma Diamond Sharpening stones after reading some reviews and a few forum posts. They seem like they are quite difficult to get hold of. I am looking to get the 1200 in paricular which seems to not be in stock anywhere apart from knivesandtools. I have never heard of them and I know that there are a couple of places selling knock offs of the Atoma's so I am wondering if anyone has any experience of them?

https://www.knivesandtools.co.uk/en/ct/atoma-diamond-stones.htm

I know that Workshop Heaven sell them and I have dealt with them before but they don't have the 1200 in stock. They do have a set though which is cheaper than all 4 stones together but if they are not going to get any in store any time soon then I think its only about an additional £20 anyway.

Does anyone else know where to buy the Atoma diamond stones in the UK or if the ones sold by Knives and Tools are the legit ones?

Thanks

If you have set your heart on buying Atoma then I can't help.
A few weeks ago I purchased Vaunt diamond stones from ITS at about £20 each and I am very pleased with them but your needs may be very different to mine. All I want is sharp tools with the least effort at the best price.

I have used knives and tools to buy dmt diamond stones within the last twelve months or so, service has been fine to date although last week I had to return the XXF dmt stone as it has become faulty and I will be interested to see how they handle it.

Have used them before with no issues. I like the atomas in the coarse to mid range, at the finer end though I don’t find any advantage (normally speed) over waterstones

Thank you all for your responses they have been very helpful.

I will check them out again but it also seems that workshop heaven have them all in stock now for a cheaper price! So I may end up going there but it is good to know they are a good company. I would be interested to know how you get on though with your return.

Thanks

James

I don’t know stoma, but I have also got the Vaunt double-sided ones from ITS and have been using them a couple of years. They are absolutely brilliant. So good in fact, that I’ve bought two of the single sided ones today so I can mount them all, as I’ve found that I don’t use my water stones any more. They are large, flat and easy to clean. Highly recommended.

morpheus83uk":1m3ur5op said:
Thank you all for your responses they have been very helpful.

I will check them out again but it also seems that workshop heaven have them all in stock now for a cheaper price! So I may end up going there but it is good to know they are a good company. I would be interested to know how you get on though with your return.

Thanks

James

The return went relatively smoothly, however I did have to pay for return postage to the Netherlands which wasn't refunded. The new DMT plate arrived and I haven't used it, I will probably bung it on ebay while it is brand new and aim to get as much of my money back as possible.

Considering the lack of a postage refund, I would use Workshop Heaven if the opportunity is there. Generally I prefer to buy from either Classic Hand Tools or Workshop Heaven.

Latest posts

Back