Diabetes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife was diagnosed some years ago as type 2 diabetic, I was amazed, under weight, non-smoker and very active, the complete antithesis for such a diagnosis.
Today we had, to me, an even more astonishing piece of news, she's over it! The diabetic nurse phoned to tell her she can cease the medication.
I'm that chuffed! But is it unusual?

Roy.

It's great isn't it? I never expected it. Probably not a good idea but I'm gonna buy her the biggest box of chocolates i can find tomorrow!

Roy.

I'm delighted for you both, Roy, but not unduly surprised. Without knowing your wife's exact blood sugar measurements, it's hard to say one way or the other but from my own experience doctors' seem to want to stick you on pills even when you are borderline.

I'm not sure of her blood sugar levels either Rog, but she was on what seemed to me to be considerable quantities of drugs. Six tablets a day to begin with.
Either way I'm only too happy for her.
cloud-9-039.gif

Roy.

I'm really pleased for you both Roy.

When I was diagnosed with type 2 a few years ago the doctors told me that it's a lifelong condition and I will never be free of it. New research has indicated that under the right conditions and the right diet Type 2 can be reversed. See this link: Type 2 Diabetes

On my last test my doctor told me that I might be free of it by the time of the next test so attitudes to treatment are changing.

I believe that the X-PERT programme helped me a great deal. It is such a great course, it should be taught in schools.

regards

Brian

Good luck to you for the future Brian, the reason I posted was because I knew there were other type twos on here and it seems that I was correct, there is hope now. It's great news for all sufferers.

Roy.

Back