Dewalt/trend parts swap!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.

This is my first post on the forum be gentle :)

A little while back my trend t11 died. I'm now in the process of shopping around for a new one. I was thinking of the dewalt 1/2" which I think is the same as the t11.

Now, given that the dewalt doesn't adjust from above when inverted in a router table, do you think the old base from my t11 will fit the dewalt? If it does then it's great news as the dewalt is about £60 cheaper!

btw, the dewalt i was thinking of is the DE625EK

Cheers

Highly likely. Buy mail order and if not return it, under distance selling rules or sell it on as new on the bay. DW stuff always sells.

Bob

With the exception of the base and the colour, they're pretty much identical.

See my other post - what did your T11 die of? Looking at the bottom of mine, the tubing seems to be swaged into the base casting. There's also a threaded hole next to the tubing on the outside of the base (on axis), and a through hole in the casting, with an expanding pin pushed in from the inside surface (it doesn't go through the tube all the way, only one side of it). I don't know what the threaded holes are for (some sort of attachment?), but, given the fit of the tubes, it might be easier to keep the body as intact as you can.

Also see Miles Tools (Shepton Mallet) for spares - you might save loads by just getting the bit you need. They're fairly simple devices. As long as you carefully record how it was assembled as you take it apart, it shouldn't be too hard to get back together. Miles have exploded diagrams too.

HTH,

E.

PS: My T11 is on a radiator at the moment, to make sure the Loctite dries thoroughly (see other thread). Once it's done, in an hour or so, I'll be testing it out to see if it's fixed.

Thanks for the reply guys. My t11 decided to I pack up uncle borrowed it and dropped it!!!! Luckily, he's coughing up the money to replace it!

After much reading of this forum last night, I was gonna go for a dw and a router raiser but if I shop at dmtools for the dw and the the raizer on top it works out about the same as a new t11 ie £229 for the dw and £69 for the raizer. A t11 from there is £298 I think so I might just go for that if they're the same machine.

Thanks again guys.

G

Back