Dewalt Router sets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Seen them regularly on ebay going @ what appears to be bargain prices

If anyone has one of these, 6 or 12 boxed sets.

Are they any good. ?

I would like to think with that name that they would be of a reasonable standard, but I cannot find them listed with any tool suppliers.

Presumably they could be fake.

cheers

billzee

I too have seen these on Ebay, if you want a better selection, have you seen the 30 router bits in a box or alloy case being advrtised ?. I bought a set some 3 months ago, with the view if they only lasted one job at £1 each they have been worth it. ( I paid £27.50 + PP for them.) And they are really good and give an excellent finish.

Fixit

Nice those cutters worked out ok

Most of the cutters on ebay are either 1/4" or 1/2" shanks.

I'm looking for 8mm which the dewalt ones I mentioned were.

cheers

billzee

Hi billzee,

If you think that they might be fake why don't you check on the Dewalt/Black and Decker website to see if they do produce the same 6 or 12 box set? Or even phone them up and ask.

Regards

Mike.C

Hi Bill,

I may be wrong but I'm 99.9% sure that DeWally do not manufacture, sell or market cutters either here or in the States. So be careful out there, on Ebay.

Rgds

Noel

Mike & Noely

I have checked out the dewalt uk site and there is no evidence of router cutter sets.

I have emailed dewalt and asked them

Will report back here.

cheers

billzee

One thing to be aware of for tools and things like router cutters - if the seller has many items for sale at what appear to be good prices then he most likely has an account with Makro wholesalers or similar. You can buy a trolleyfull of these things in Makro, just like a shopkeeper stocking up with foodstuffs etc.

This is all perfectly legit of course - it's the way the middleman makes his money and there's nowt wrong with it.

But you need to be a business in order to open a Makro account. I happen to have a Makro card and when I'm looking for new tools I drop in to see whether they've got it available - often they have.

So moral of the story is that you don't have a Makro card, see if one of your mates has.

Andrew

Hi Bill,

Strange one this. Looking at the cutters themselves I'd say they're just el cheapo brand, especially as they appear covered in gloop which, in my experience, is not the sign of a quality item. The box looks better quality than it's contents with rebate and chamfered construction.
The only other yellow cutters I'm familiar with are Perform and Viper (US brand).
No big outlay of 13 odd dabs. At least you'll get a nice box....

Rgds

Noel

Definitely NOT DeWalt, absolutely no way, firms like DW have an image that they carry across all their products, and those bits do not comply. Plus they are just too cheap to be anything but fake
John

Yep, considering price and the fact that I was unable to see them anywhere else I am pretty much convinced there is something wrong here.

Noely,

that box is very similar to a number that I have, all of which contain relatively cheap tools. I think there must be a factory knocking them out for pennys. Someone is then having the Dewalt logo screened on to them, not a difficult thing to get done. :twisted:

At time companies like dewally and makita get a load of stuff like that in as a freebie when you buy their latest router .I had a set of "makita" bits with my 3612 not made by makita but bought in by makita as a promo type thingy .

P.S the bits looked like nutool elcheapo rubbish, the sort u put in your router then run for cover :lol:

Back