Dewalt Planer Thicknesser DW1150

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uk woodman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps I've been offered a Dewalt Planer Thicknesser DW1150 for £300.00 any advice if it would make a good buy or not? are there better machines out there for the same money? or do you have a realistic fair guide price for the Dewalt assuming it in good condition, any help and guidance will be appreciated the more the merrier.

Many thanks Tim

uk woodman":291i2pj8 said:
Hi chaps I've been offered a Dewalt Planer Thicknesser DW1150 for £300.00 any advice if it would make a good buy or not? are there better machines out there for the same money? or do you have a realistic fair guide price for the Dewalt assuming it in good condition, any help and guidance will be appreciated the more the merrier.

Many thanks Tim
I have one and in good condition I would that £300 would be reasonable.

However it is old so you will need to inspect it carefully.

i have one now for about 15 years, its good, its solid, and heavy

i also have the mortising attachement, (which i never use)

yep that thing is worth the money

Thanks chaps for the votes of confidence in the dewalt p/t, with it being an older dewalt I thought it might be worth a look, and also many thanks for the links you provided, I'll nip round this week and have a close inspection of it working, and let you know accordingly.

Regards Tim

Been round to inspect it and everything is fine other than it needs a good clean and oil,I noticed the feed rollers weren't working as they should be but semi educated guess told me that they had shavings under them preventing them making contact and feeding the board through, got it back home and I was correct, feed rollers now work fine.

I also found out from the previous owner (friend) that it is still on its first set of blades and only done two jobs in its life! 1, to build a clock case, 2, to thickens an old used scaffold plank, the blades have never been sharpened as the last job that had been put through it, scaffold plank nicked the blades and its been sat under its cover for the last 15 years or so, he bought it new, and was now selling it only to make room in his garage for his motor bike and hasn't had use of it since the scaffold plank.

Regards Tim

Back