Dewalt Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve1964

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New member here....I am returning to site work after a bit of a break and am after a new chop saw foe mainly second fix....What would be best option Dewalt DWS 777 or 778

Would appreciate your input

Steve

I have the 777 and I think it is great. It replaced a Makita MLS100 which was a huge step up from the heap of junk it replaced. The 777 with its sliding arm allows me to tackle wider boards than the Makita did, even with a smaller blade. I'd have liked a 250mm model but to be perfectly honest I haven't yet found myself longing for an extra two inches. Well, not with regards to the saw!

Since they're practically the same machine except for size, I guess it mainly comes down to whether you see yourself only cutting 3" posts at most, or whether you'll be wanting to cut 4" posts too. Plus the bigger one will be 3KG heavier, so if you're lugging it around a lot that may be a factor.

It's easier to find decent 10" blades than it is to find decent 8" blades, but that only really matters if you care about cut quality.

Latest posts

Back