Dewalt DW745 Table Saw - Intermittent operation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomosap

Established Member
Reaction score
Wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue. I'm getting intermittent operation of this table saw, where sometimes it will power on, and other times it won't.

I thought originally that it might have been the extension cable or that it was trying to draw too much current, but the cable is fine for other tools and the fuse isn't tripping.

Next thing I would assume is that there is dust getting clogged up in the internals and somehow stopping the saw from operating - wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this problem before and that was the cause of it so I don't spend ages going down a rabbit hole, or is it simply the case that the saw has had it :(

Not had it that long, only a couple of years with some pretty light use over the course of that time, so doubt I've worn it to death given that the brand is known for its robustness.

Thanks for your help.
Tom

Have you took a look at the brushes?
These are beneath the plastic slotted screws either side of the motor.
You can get a pack of 10 or 20 for the price of a pint.

Tom

I haven't no, but will be taking it out of its table tonight, opening it up and giving it a thorough cleaning down - thank you for the tip!

Cheers,
Tom

Update on this...

So I dismantled the switch and all was clean, so eliminated that.

Also dismantled the motor and while there was a bit of dust on it, everything looked fine. Bushes got removed and thoroughly cleaned and replaced.

Sadly, no joy still.

Only thing I’ve not tried is the reset switch but that’s a non serviceable part.

Anyone else got any other suggestions before I contact a Dewalt service agent and potentially sink a load of money into this?

Cheers,
Tom

Back