DeWalt DW625 in a table?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter G Denmark

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey.

I've been using the Trend 11 router for a while in a router table, and i'm satisfied with it (except the locking mechanism is on the opposite side to the speed adjustment, which is awkward, when mounted in the table).

But i have gotten a good offer on a new DeWalt 625 for £120. I hear a lot of people use this in their router tables, but how do you adjust the height?

Is there anyone ho has made a clever system to raise the router, without buying some after marked router lift system?
Wouldn't it be possible tho permanently attach a flexible thingy like the ones out can buy for screwdrivers to go around corners (the english words eludes me) to the height adjuster, and in this way get the adjustment to the front of the table?

I haven't actually seen a DW625 irl, but i know it's almost the same as the Trend T11, but without the over the table adjustabillity.

Or you can buy or make one. All you do is remove the nut from the threaded rod on the side of the router and replace with a box spanner that let's you adjust the height by turning it. I think you can see this idea at wealdens .

Ok - the box spanner idea is kind of the idea i was looking for, and then using a universal joint thingy, to get it in front of the table.

£70 for at router lift is a little more than i'd ike to spend, and living in Sweden the shipping would also be pretty steep, but it looks nice.

What is Wealdons? Is this what you're thinking of? http://www.wealdentool.eu/rf_tips/rf_tips_12.html

When I bought mine I got a fine height adjuster thrown in, which is good but very very slow to wind and unwind to full extension so I drilled a hole in the end and glued in an old torx bit which fits into my old electric screwdriver. It's a bit of a botched job as it is only MKI but I'll take a photo of it anyway if you like.

Mark

Peter G Denmark":2jgwd5t7 said:
Ok - the box spanner idea is kind of the idea i was looking for, and then using a universal joint thingy, to get it in front of the table.

£70 for at router lift is a little more than i'd ike to spend, and living in Sweden the shipping would also be pretty steep, but it looks nice.

What is Wealdons? Is this what you're thinking of? http://www.wealdentool.eu/rf_tips/rf_tips_12.html

Yep that's it.

powertools":1xpaa1ze said:
I would not buy anything branded as Dewalt now that it is part of Stanley

Dewalt have been pretty poorly made ever since Elu were taken over years ago so I wouldn't worry about stanley.

To be fair my only dewalt tool I own a 626 router has been fine but the two 625's I had before that were rubbish

chippy1970":11eqnl2k said:
powertools":11eqnl2k said:
I would not buy anything branded as Dewalt now that it is part of Stanley

Dewalt have been pretty poorly made ever since Elu were taken over years ago so I wouldn't worry about stanley.

To be fair my only dewalt tool I own a 626 router has been fine but the two 625's I had before that were rubbish

It will get worse

Well pleased with my De Walt kit. I have the 625,615,and the 718 saw and they have been fine. I have dropped the 625 a number of times too and it still works fine. :oops: Oh and I did get the fine height adjuster as standard with mine. Actually it has a quick release nut on the threaded rod which may be able to be modified for table use? Just a thought. :wink:

I've got a 625 and I'm going for the box spanner mod from wealden's tool tips.

The quick release nut doesn't really cut it when the router is upside down. its weight and the pressure from the plunger springs means that the qr nut slips.

The rod is m12 and needs a 19mm box spanner.

I haven't tried dismantling the router but wonder if the spring is easy to remove or weaken.

I bought an 18v drill 3/4 years ago, £300, only had light use and the gears have been dodgy for most of that time.

I would think again before buying dewalt.

angelboy":2pl6wp1t said:
I bought an 18v drill 3/4 years ago, £300, only had light use and the gears have been dodgy for most of that time.

I would think again before buying dewalt.

My £130 combi drill is 4 years old and has had quite hard use, yet is still working as good as the day I bought it. And I'm still on the first set of batteries.

Well - i bought a DeWalt mitre saw and a biscuit joiner recently, and i'm quite satisfied.

I don't understand why Stanley should be worse than B & D. Every piece og B & D i've had has been sh**, but all my Staney gear has all been reliable. I know Stanley has a tendency to move a lot of their production to Asia, but who doesn't these days?

That being said - i'm not especially into DeWalt, only when it is cheaper that the competitors, with the same specs.

Peter G Denmark":j89pnwdz said:
Hey.

I've been using the Trend 11 router for a while in a router table, and i'm satisfied with it (except the locking mechanism is on the opposite side to the speed adjustment, which is awkward, when mounted in the table).

But i have gotten a good offer on a new DeWalt 625 for £120. I hear a lot of people use this in their router tables, but how do you adjust the height?

I would stick with the T11 for table use, save the £120 and put some of it towards an eXtreme eXtension (£60'ish ?). That's the set up I have in my table and the XX means you don't need to lock the spindle or fiddle around under the table to change bits. Great combination.

Cheers, Paul

Spend a bit more money. I run the DW625ek in a Jessem router lift in my own tables. It is a joy to use. I have a TR11 in a Trend Pro table at school, horrible to use.

Back