Dewalt DW50 Planer thicknesser, motor broken/burnout

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryWye

Reaction score
Hi, This is my first post. My brother has an old Dewalt DW 50 planer thicknesser. It started tripping the electrics yesterday and the problem seems to be inside the motor windings.
Does anyone know of somewhere to buy a replacement motor??

Many thanks

Hi Gary,
I have one of those but it's buried in a packing crate so cant really check...
a realy good machine.....Dewalt bought the Germ/Austrian compy who made the original....I think it was Elu....?
but from pictures and memory a standard motor could be adapted...
it's easy to get a new motor that is foot mouted (like normal) or face mounted....
Just take it off and visit a motor suppliers locally....
they will prob have it in stock and should u need a new or modified pully (shaft size could be different) they will also sort that out...
Dont bother with Machine mart etc....
the last new motor I bought had both types of mounting and was a little over £100...
made in Italy.....
PS the orinal machines came with a 240v -440v (dual voltage motor) but u will only need a 240v motor so cheaper...
good luck.....

Hi Gary,
I have one of those but it's buried in a packing crate so cant really check...
a realy good machine.....Dewalt bought the Germ/Austrian compy who made the original....I think it was Elu....?
but from pictures and memory a standard motor could be adapted...
it's easy to get a new motor that is foot mouted (like normal) or face mounted....
Just take it off and visit a motor suppliers locally....
they will prob have it in stock and should u need a new or modified pully (shaft size could be different) they will also sort that out...
Dont bother with Machine mart etc....
the last new motor I bought had both types of mounting and was a little over £100...
made in Italy.....
PS the orinal machines came with a 240v -440v (dual voltage motor) but u will only need a 240v motor so cheaper...
good luck.....

Hi, thank you. I think that's the best idea. I'll let my brother know, I'm sure that's the way to proceed 👍

Back